There could be a number of reasons why the Designs Gallery is unable to download files from the content servers. Providing a log file will assist us in identifying what's causing the problem.
Note: This only works in Xara v10 from version 10.0.3.34236. If you are not on this version, please go to Help > Check for Updates to update.
1) To start the tests, simply press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + J while Xara is open.
2) You should get a confirmation message and then another message confirming that this has test has been done.
3) When prompted to continue logging, click yes and then at the top of the designs gallery, click "More", then "Empty Designs Cache".
4) This will clear the designs cache and then ask you to restart Xara, DO NOT restart Xara, but rather click "More" again and then "update now".
5) Once that process is completed (the designs gallery tab will stop saying "Updating") please send us the log file:
Win 7 + 8: "C:\Users\[Yourname]\AppData\Local\Xara\WebDesignerPremium\10"
XP : "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\xara\WebDesignerPremium\10\"
6) Submit a support ticket to our Support Team (click here) and be sure to attach the log file ("dltrace.txt") to your ticket.