How do I install Alien Skin plug-ins?
This article applies to
The Alien Skin plug-ins need to be installed manually if you are using any of the above versins.
1. First, log-in to your account at xara.com, then select the Module Download link at the bottom of the page. All available downloads will be listed on the right hand side of the page.
2. Run the executable and follow the steps
3. You'll come to a screen labelled either 'Select Destination' or ‘Select Host’
If 'Select Destination' - go on to step 4
If 'Select Host' click on the button labelled ‘Choose another Install location’
4. Browse to the appropriate folder within the psplugins directory of your Xara program. For instance, C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Xara_Designer_Pro_7\Xara Picture Editor\PSplug-ins\AlienSkin\Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000 – when installing Eye Candy and click on OK
5. Click on the Finish button
If you now re-launch Xtreme/Designer you should find the full Live Effects are available.