1. Are you running a firewall? MenuMaker 1.1 uses SOAP over HTTP on port 80. Your firewall may be configured to refuse SOAP.
2. Download and run the diagnostic tool from http://www.xaraonline.com/zym5/xaradiag.exe
If you receive an error from the diagnostic tool, please let us know the error message encountered.
3. Do you connect via a Proxy? Does the Proxy require authentication?
4. Do you have an automatic configuration script set within your LAN settings?
5. Are you able to sign in to your Xara Online account from http://www.xara.com
6. Please select start and then run from your windows start bar and type regedit.
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xara\MenuMaker 1\connect. Is the folder present? If not then please download connect.zip from http://downloads.xara.com/support/files/menumaker/connect.zip. Extract the .reg file from the zip to a location on your machine. Next right click on the file and select merge.
7. Do you use any Internet speed up software when connecting to the Internet?